It is a complex which was designed in 1932 by the architect Italo Mancini for Public Housing Istitute for State Employees. The buildings were inaugurated in 1933 by Benito Mussolini.
The two ‘villini’, small 2 or 3 storeys high residential buildings, on the front line (type “B”) are on two levels, so they can leave the view as free as possible for the one on the second line (type “A”, which has an extra floor.
The three buildings still show a traditional scheme, but the search for modernist approaches is nevertheless clear.
Lungomare Duilio, 17