The building was designed in 1932 by the architect Ignazio Guidi and was inaugurated on April 21st 1934 in the presence of Benito Mussolini.
It is composed of three blocks, arranged in steps so that, thanks also to the south-west orientation of the windows, the classrooms receive the maximum amount of sun in the morning and early afternoon.
In the free spaces among the three blocks there is an indoor gym and an open air area for sports and games.
As a rapid population increase in Ostia Lido is expected, the interior spaces are designed so that they can be very flexible.
The construction shows a particular attention to the functional aspects; it is made of load-
bearing masonry and reinforced concrete framework and is rich of technical and design innovations that make it one of the most modern schools in Europe.
Also the elevations and the articulation of the volumes are carefully studied and differ from one another according to the activities that take place inside the building.
Corso Duca di Genova, 137