Ostia is one of the districts of Rome with the largest number of families with children and offers a number of possibilities to excite the kids’ fantasy and their wish for open-air activities
… and this does not only apply to younger travelers
Water playgrounds and open-air activities are the best experiences to enjoy as a family; moreover the many beach resorts are fully equipped for entertaining children of all ages, perhaps while their parents are “catching their breath” enjoying refreshing fruit cocktails.
However the calm sea and the swimming pools aren’t all the city has to offer in Summer:
Ostia is also the coolness of the pine forrest and the many educational farms or the riding schools scattered in the countryside of Ostia Antica, all experiences to stimulate the natural bond among kids and animals.
Not to be missed for the youngest travellers:
- a pleasant evening walk through the centre of Ostia, where the street artists perform in colorful shows.
- A thrilling afternoon amongst the tree tops in the adventure park.
- A “wild” pony ride on the shore of the pond in the Canale dello Stagno public park.
Playgrounds and public parks:
- Canale dello Stagno public park
- The carousel and games, of Ostia centre
- XXV Novembre 1884 public park
- Parco dei Fusco
- Castel Fusano, pine forrest reserve
Horse riding (for kids):
- Scuola di equitazione Roma (horse and pony riding school)
- Pony riding at Canale dello Stagno public park